- Boneless chicken cut into thick strips – 400 grams
- Ginger-garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Cornflour/ corn starch – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Green capsicums cut into thick strips – 2 medium
- Tomatoes seeded and thick strips – 2 medium
- Onions, sliced thickly – 2 medium
- Tomato puree – 6 tablespoons
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi), roasted and crushed – 1 teaspoon
- Step 1
Apply a mixture of ginger-garlic paste, one teaspoon lemon juice and salt over the chicken strips.
- Step 2
Cover and keep in a refrigerator to marinate for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Step 3
Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Sprinkle cornflour on the marinated chicken strips and mix well so that the chicken pieces are well coated.
- Step 4
Deep-fry, a few at a time, till crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and set aside.
- Step 5
Heat one tablespoon oil in a non-stick kadai. Add cumin seeds.
- Step 6
When they begin to change colour, add garlic paste, capsicums, tomatoes and onions and sauté for five to six minutes.
- Step 7
Add the fried chicken strips, tomato puree, salt and red chilli powder.
- Step 8
Sauté for two to three minutes or till the chicken begins to stick to the pan.
- Step 9
Scrape the chicken off the bottom of the pan and continue to sauté till chicken again begins to stick to the pan.
- Step 10
Add one-fourth cup water and stir.