Drinking raw beets is the closest thing to a cocktail without the alcohol. It’s powerful, and no wonder. It’s not just an anti-oxidant; it’s a SUPER ANTI-OXIDANT.
This is made with RAW beets, which have more anti-oxidant power than cooked beets
If you’re thinking that you don’t like beets, you might just love this. The raw beets are earthy and sweet and the other fruits harmonize with and balance the beet taste. This is the best tasting red beet smoothie recipe.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 0-5 minutes
Level Of Cooking :Easy
Ingredients for Berry Beet Smoothie Recipe
- Beetroot boiled, peeled and roughly chopped 1 medium
- Blueberries fresh ½ cup
- Strawberries fresh ½ cup
- Honey 2 tablespoons
- Thick yogurt 1 cup
- Almond milk unsweetened ½ cup
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnishing
Blend together blueberries, strawberries, beetroot, honey, yogurt and almond milk till smooth. Add more milk, if required, to adjust consistency.
Pour into 4 individual glasses, garnish each glass with a mint sprig and serve chilled.
Take a little time to read the benefits of red beets and just imagine how happy your body will be with this beautiful elixir.
Benefits of Beets
- Beets are a super food, a super anti-oxidant that fights cancer and reduces inflammation.
- Beets are good for working out. They improve blood flow, which increases endurance during a workout.
- Beets purifies the blood and cleanse the liver.
- Beets have been proven to lower blood pressure and reverse hypertension.
- Beets help to deliver oxygen to the parts of your body that need it, even the brain.
- Beets are high in fiber, high in vitamin C and folic acid, and contain sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron and phosphorous!
- Beets contain folic acid aids in physical healing, and is good for pregnant women.
- Beets are good for your mental health, as they contain betaine, which aids in depression.
- Beets are the sweetest vegetable, high in good carbs, low in calories and give you the right kind of energy.